Making perfect Slimming World Syn Free Chips is a question which gets asked a lot in forums and Groups and one of the answers seems to get “get an Actify” but not everyone can afford an Actify which range from £100 – £250.
- 900g medium sized Maris Piper potatoes
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Crushed sea salt and malt vinega
- Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C Fan/Gas 9. Peel the potatoes using a potato peeler and remove any blemishes or ‘eyes’. Slice lengthwise into approx 1cm thick rectangular chips.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the chips and cook for 4 minutes. Drain and leave aside for 10 minutes to dry.
- Return the chips to the dry saucepan, cover with a lid and shake to ””rough up”” the edges of the chips – this roughness is important to the texture of the chips.
- Spray a metal baking tray with low calorie cooking spray. Transfer the chips to the tray, spray lightly with low calorie cooking spray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides. Drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve with salt and vinegar.